Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wallace Falls



I borrowed the Animoto idea from Kiley's blog. Wish my pictures were as good.

Wallace Falls is a beautiful state park just outside of Seattle. To get to the upper falls it's about a three mile hike. We tried this in the rain last year, made it to the middle falls, but the mud was so slippery we turned around. Little did we know, we only had just over a quarter mile to the top. In the sunshine, the views of Skykomish valley and the Cascade Mountains are spectacular.

There's also a railroad grade which is wide enough for biking and has a gentler terrain for running. It connects up to another trail leading to Wallace, Jay and Shaw Lakes.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. You are blessed to have such scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks awesome, I lived in Kent for most of my High School years and never knew this place existed... luckily I still have family that gets me back out that way, I will have to check it out next time I am in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, my daughter cheers with a rec squad in Kent so I'm out that way every couple of weekends. Nice trails there that connect through Maple Valley. Would love to live there if not for the commute.

    Tony, the scenery is awesome if you like the rain :)

    ReplyDelete