Tuesday, June 2, 2009

4:30 AM


There are mornings, as the alarm rings at 4:30AM, when I question my sanity.
It would be so easy to stay in my toasty warm bed, drifting in and out of a cozy dream state.
Then as I lace up, I realize it wouldn't be cozy at all. I would end up tossing and turning, thinking how I should be out there running and how a point of running is that it isn't easy. Running is the polar opposite of easy. And most likely, the reason the trail is lonely this time of day. Maybe insanity is the new sanity. And as I approach my first mile, I think how sleeping in is over-rated.

2 comments:

  1. Dang I thought I was the only one that hit turned off the first alarm and then spent half of that hour contemplating getting up and going. I guess once something becomes habit it is really hard to just change overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up for work at 4:50 every morning. I wish I could get up and run before work.

    ReplyDelete