Thursday, August 6, 2009

Life's Short, Run Long



When I run by this memorial, it reminds me to push a little harder, to give 100%, to run like it might be the last, and to be thankful when it isn't.
I often wonder about her. Did I ever see her on the trail?
Maybe the wonder has to do with the fact she was a Duncan (my adoptive name).
Maybe it's that she was so young.
Maybe it's the affection that her family shows by honoring her this way.
Or just the connection that arises between runners.

Though I didn't know her, the landmark bearing her name has inspired me many times as I started my run, getting my feet moving and at the end of a run when I felt tired like I couldn't go on.

I hope to be able to encourage someone, to run, the way she has encouraged me.

1 comment:

  1. If I ran past that, I think I would have to run a little faster and be proud to be a runner.

    ReplyDelete