Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fifteen

I ran 15 today...slowly and I walked a LOT. Trying to remain calm about the upcoming event. I'm pretty sure I can finish, just not in the time I wanted. Eugene is hailed as flat and fast, but the course is open for seven hours and that's a 16 minute/mile. I hope it doesn't come to that.
The vertigo seems to be going away. I just have it when I first wake up for about an hour and then at night when I'm getting ready to sleep.
Amberle is doing great with her training. She is up to 8 miles at about an 11 minute pace. She held that steady on our run Sunday.
Breaking in new shoes...I bought my last pair in August. I don't know why I put it off so long. It's just taking the time to find the right fit. I love Saucony, but it seems like they tweak the design every spring and fall.
I ended up with ProGuide 5-some arch support, less flexible in the sole, but more motion control.
Looking at my last pair, I pronate on the right and supinate on the left.
That's the first thing I will say if I'm ever pulled over and asked to walk the line.

3 comments:

  1. Just getting caught up on the vertigo issue you had experienced - hang in there! I'll be following your progress. Thanks too for the suggestion to listen to Rent - That's a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope it doesn't come to 16min/mile. Glad the vertigo issue is passing.
    I love your plan for being asked to walk the line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see the look of bewilderment on the police officers face when you tell them that... make sure to Youtube it.

    ReplyDelete