Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Jerk

Had a great run on the Tolt last night, but when I arrived back to my Jeep, I found that some jerk had smashed in the passenger window. The jerk took my other keys...mailbox and scooter, and maybe my address from my vehicle registration.
The jerk cost me at least $240 in repair work (there will be more because the auto-mechanism that lifts and lowers the window was broken)plus time reporting the incident (20 minutes on hold with the police department), and checking with my insurance company.
I'm trying to focus on the fact that this was relatively minor. I wasn't physically hurt and nothing of value was taken. But some jerk is out there, doing this to other people, leaving a mess that other victims will have to pay for and clean up.

5 comments:

  1. There has been a lot of that going around here as well, some pray on the parking lots at trail heads because they feel relatively sure that the person who parked there will be gone for awhile running, biking or walking and that they left most of their valuables in their car rather than carry them. There should be a special cell in jail with bubba for these type of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had this happen but I am always worried about it! I can totally related to the time that it takes to take care of things - Last year while on vacation we had both our locked bikes cut out of the truck right in front of our condo! You are right that in the scheme of things relatively small but takes a lot of your time. Jerk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about this. It is really bad. I hate that we have to worry about the safety of our cars while running on the trails. It spoils a big part of the whole trail running experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this. That is really crappy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments. I feel a certain satisfaction that the jerk didn't get anything really...no money or iPod or whatever it was the jerk was after...Be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete