Monday, November 1, 2010

My First Flat

Is there ever a convenient time for a flat? I guess my answer would be-as long as it's not during a race. Luckily, I was riding with a group in downhill mode and noticed it immediately. We were close to a parking lot/shopping area where I could pull over and take cover from the rain. I was so grateful for the help of friends. Even though I have taken a couple of bike maintenance classes, I think I need to practice changing a flat until it's as familiar as brushing my teeth.

Sometimes we are motivated by what we don't want to happen:

2 comments:

  1. Getting a flat is never fun, especially when you realize you either forgot a tube or brought the wrong size tube. Happened to me only once and I had to walk back a few miles to the car, luckily it was a beautiful day for a hike in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, so glad I only run nowadays.

    ReplyDelete