Thursday, June 13, 2013

Serendipity

Every trail run is an adventure. I can lose myself out there in a way that brings me back to who I really am. I love that I am fit enough to be able to spontaneously sign up for events. Recently, a friend found an event in a place I have always wanted to run. So we ventured out and met the most incredible group of women trail runners- The Dirty Girl Trail Runners. I was immediately drawn to how welcoming the group is and how encouraging they are on the run.Undeterred by the fact that they are based quite a bit further south from where we live, my friend gathered some information and we formed an extension group for our area. Our first event is this Saturday-a benefit for Susan G Komen.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great group. I always try to be in shape to be able to run almost any event. Just this morning I suddenly got an invite to run a very tough ultra on 6 July. I'm so glad I can do it!

    ReplyDelete