Thursday, August 22, 2013

I Miss my Bike

On the way home from STP, I got rear ended with my bike on my new bike rack. I have been in mourning for my bike for weeks now.

The first shop I took it to was Gregg's Cycle. It made sense to me because I purchased my bike there. But the mechanic would not even look at it without an appointment and $70. He painted a doom and gloom picture of me on my bike and my carbon frame crumbling to dust.  YIKES.

So I e-mailed American Family insurance (not my insurance company-the person who slammed into me) and they said they would not pay for the estimate and would only give me cash value for my bike which I have yet to hear back what amount that will be.

My next stop-the most trusted bike shop in Puget Sound-Bothell Bike. These guys have seen me through tune ups and bike fits and shoe purchases. I'm never going anywhere else. Finding a bike shop you trust is gold. Josh took my bike apart and he said he can fix it for $700. I'm so happy. With luck, I will have my bike back by my birthday.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your bike, hope it works out for you with the insurance companies... they just don't understand that bikes are like family members. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have been trying to tell them!!

    ReplyDelete