Thursday, March 13, 2014

Non-judging

WOD:

overhead squats

Fun with the barbell 1 minute of each 2x
hang clean
front squat
press
overhead squat
push jerk
back squat


"Mindfulness is cultivated by assuming the stance of an impartial witness to your own experience" -Jon Kabat-Zinn from "Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness.


The mind is in a constant state of judging and categorizing- it's what it does- how it makes sense of the world.  The idea from this reading is to watch your judgements and notice the reaction to it; sometimes, so automatic our experiences are clouded with underlying prejudice and fear.

In my WOD, I'm intentionally watching my thoughts and reminding myself to just observe without judgement.

I guess you could say, a mental WOD.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going to lie, had to look up WOD. :)

    ReplyDelete