Saturday, March 28, 2015

Family Jewels 5k


Saint Edwards Park is one of my favorite places to run. It has a variety of single track and wider trails and access to the waterfront of Lake Washington that is undeveloped.

The Family Jewels 5k is held in honor of a young man who died from testicular cancer. His family hosts the race to educate the public about this type of cancer and to raise money for scholarships for the siblings of the cancer patient.

Here is the full story:

http://www.jaimesonjones.org/#!blank/c1lzq

Some fun aspects of the race:

  • local community event...everyone knows the race director and she bakes mini pies for the goody bags and slices for the finishers.
  • the flying drone camera that I wish I could buy for Mike
  • Some t-shirts with the phrase "Playing with myself saved my life"
The run was a little short- I came in at 25 minutes and thought- that was a PR, but my watch said 2.6 miles.

Overall a great event for an important cause and I will sign up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment