Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hang Squat Snatch and Hang Power Clean

WOD:
3 x 3 x 3 x 3 x 3 Hang squat snatch and Hang Power clean
PR: 50lbs and 60lbs


I had a long conversation with my coach today about my GOALS.

#1 Getting Stronger, gaining muscle, Getting Better at Oly, Run faster (sub 4 marathon)

And he said, read the book "Eat Bacon, Don't Jog" (purchased and downloaded- can't wait to dig in).

The resounding advice I'm getting is that endurance running is keeping me from building the muscle I want. And that's the problem- I'm always going to be a runner- but my paradigm has shifted a little over the past year in terms of what is Fit and what is healthy and loving CrossFit.

I wanted the two passions- endurance sport and strength to neatly co-exist.

Whenever I would lift heavy, my legs were sore and my running time suffered.

If I ran hard before a lift day, my push it effort felt not-so-push-it.

For the next chapter, my focus will be CrossFit and lifting.

I will still run trails on the weekends for the peace it brings to my crazy life.


No comments:

Post a Comment