Thursday, September 29, 2016

Training a Running Buddy

My puppy is 20 months old. I'm training him to run with me. I want him to be the best running and trail dog. He loves going out and the happiness on his little face is worth the effort. And it's a big effort- lots of strength training when 85 solid pounds sees a squirrel and decides to chase.

Big changes in my life over the past two years. Shout out to people going through things. I have learned so much and also feel that at 45 years old I still have a lot to learn.

I left my corporate job the end of March. It was a tough decision but the stress was taking a toll on my health. I'm working exclusively at the Y and I love it. I love the environment, my supervisor is great, clients are fun, and my co-workers are cheerful and encouraging.

I'm still running, although I have cut back to half marathon distances to make room for CrossFit in my life. I feel that I'm stronger and better for it.

My dad is living in a senior community-a place that offers assisted living if it ever comes to that. I'm not as worried about him being alone.  My brother is still the toxin in his life however. John is the epitome of what is wrong with society- he does nothing and has a huge sense of entitlement.
I get that this will never change. It's difficult having a relationship with my dad with this always in the background. I have counseled my dad over and over about continually giving John money and he doesn't listen. Dad blames himself for the path my brother took in life.

Mike is still in my life. I want it to be forever. I want to believe that he is the one and that people can hold onto each other and make it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment