Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Running Bare



I'm hearing a lot about barefoot running lately. Active.com and Runner's World have posted articles stating there's a difference
in the way your foot strikes the ground, minimizing impact. So I tried it. I ran a couple laps around a school soccer field.
Besides my feet being cold/numb, I couldn't feel any difference. Though today, the bottoms of my feet are tender and my ankles
feel stretched.

I have a definite concern that I might step on something sharp or something squishy.

It will be interesting to follow this trend.

1 comment:

  1. The main difference is that barefoot running eliminates heel striking. I think its sudden popularity is mostly due to the book "Born to Run". I use Vibram FiveFingers occasionally (they're a fun variation), but don't think I'm going to be giving up my running shoes anytime soon.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete