Friday, September 3, 2010

Labor Day-Swim, Bike, Run, Kayak, Hike

Is it really September?
School has started and it's always a little challenging getting back into the pace of a structured schedule. Homework, activities, dinner, errands, cleaning and fitting in the evening workout.
I'm feeling like Mother Nature is racing through summer this year, attempting some all out sprint toward fall. Maybe I'm considering it by my swim progress and I want a few more weeks of lake time. Maybe it's Amberle applying to colleges and I want a few more weeks of quality shopping and chick flick nights before she sets out to change the world. Maybe it's the numbers on the calendar adding up to another birthday. Mother Nature does not believe in walk breaks. Before she hits the finish banner and the leaves starting changing color, I get one long outdoor weekend to fit in as much swimming, biking, running, kayaking and hiking as I possibly can.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, thanks for stopping by my blog - I hope you enjoy all your activities this weekend! I know what you mean about the weather - it's felt fall-like here all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother nature has raced through summer. I don't want the open water season to end! I'm not ready to be trapped in a pool just yet!

    ReplyDelete