Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Space in My Day

"Running is the space in my day when I feel the most beautiful-when I don't feel judged by others. And that's what I want for all little girls."-Molly Barker

I love this quote. It's so true and ironically, runner me looks so opposite of the glammed-up image we have come to accept as the definition of beauty. Shane says I glow when I run. I don't know about that, but I do know it makes me happy.

Post-run today, I had a popsicle. I'm thinking it would be a great idea if there were popsicles for runners that would have all the electrolyte replacement of a gel. I just can't get around the problem of melting.

As I'm writing this, Amberle just came in- a little late. I know she's a grown-up now, but the mom me still worries sometimes. She says, "Mom, sorry I didn't call you, but I was running with Ellisa. She was having a bad day and I thought it would cheer her up."

Exactly, what I want for all girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment